TABLING OF THE OMBUDSMAN’S 2021 ANNUAL REPORT
Gatineau, May 17, 2022. – The Ombudsman of Ville de Gatineau, Ms. Maryline Caron, presented her annual report at the plenary committee meeting of May 17, 2022, in accordance with section 9 of resolution CM-2019-100.
For a second consecutive year, this annual report is being presented in a context marked by the pandemic, which has had an impact on the organization of work and inevitably on the delivery of services. Aware that these upheavals have also affected the population, the Ombudsman de Gatineau has shown understanding and empathy. Within the framework of promotional activities, accessibility to services was a priority. Thus, the theme chosen for the 2021 annual report is “The Ombudsman de Gatineau: an accessible service, a caring presence”.
Facts in brief
- An increasing number of requests
- 214 requests were processed for an increase of 26% compared to the year 2020
- Satisfactory response times
- 93% of requests were completed in 30 days or less.
- A positive evolution of the type of requests
- 58 intervention files compared to 35 in 2020 (+66%)
- 149 information and referral files compared to 128 in 2020 (+16%)
- The 3 main reasons for complaints about municipal services
- Enforcement: 43 requests
- Processing time: 23 requests
- Policies, administrative procedures and standards: 15 requests
- Concrete commitments
- 93% of the commitments proposed by departments have been implemented.
- Recommendations for service improvement
- 9 new recommendations were addressed to the Branch.
- 8 recommendations were updated in 2021.
Something new at the Ombudsman de Gatineau!
- The Ombudsman now has a Facebook page! You just have to “like” our page to follow our news and our advice!
- In addition to the annual reports which are available on our Web site, you can consult the investigation reports, the follow-up of recommendations and the intervention files in progress. Transparency is more than words, it’s a commitment!
- The 2021 annual report is available on the Ombudsman de Gatineau’s Web site.
“The year 2021 ended once again under the sign of a pandemic that was on the rise again. In spite of everything, the collaboration between the municipal services and our office continued throughout the year, and this, in a climate of continuous adaptation and understanding. The report tabled today provides a portrait of the requests made by citizens as well as the recommendations made to the administration. It is in a spirit of collaboration and continuous improvement that we will continue our work in 2022,” explained Maryline Caron, Ombudsman of Ville de Gatineau.
Facebook page of the Ombudsman de Gatineau
Ombudsman of Gatineau