Council resolution No: CM-2019-100
In summary, the ombudsman may intervene at the request of another person or a group of persons.
- The ombudsman may intervene or investigate matters concerning a decision, an action or an omission by a municipal employee or by a person performing duties on behalf of the Ville de Gatineau (contract workers).
- The ombudsman may intervene on its own initiative.
The followings are examples of files for which the Ombudsman de Gatineau may investigate or intervene :
- You feel that your citizens’ rights have not been respected;
- You do not agree with the implementation of a regulation;
- You are dissatisfied with the processing time of your request, of your case follow-up or of answers obtained from one or more municipal services.
If your request falls within the scope of the Ombudsman de Gatineau, click here
In situations where the Ombudsman de Gatineau cannot intervene on your behalf due to power limitations, you will be notified of the reasons for which your complaint was not admissible and you will be referred to an external resource that will be able to help you. For example:
Complaint about conflicts between neighbours
- Educaloi’s information capsule;
- Outaouais Community Justice Center;
- l’Alternative Outaouais – Mediation;
- Interactive quiz (Réglons ça) to help you find solutions to your conflict (in French only).
Complaint against the attitude or behaviour of a Service de police de la Ville de Gatineau (SPVG) police officer
Please note that we can also forward your request to the Ville de Gatineau’s Professional Standards and Internal Affairs Division for a follow-up.
Complaint to contest a police infraction (ticket)
Complaint against a correctional facility
Complaint against the Centre intégré de santé et de services sociaux de l’Outaouais (CISSSO)
- Centre d’assistance et d’accompagnement aux plaintes CAAP Outaouais;
- CISSSO complaint form;
- Protecteur du citoyen du Québec.
Complaint against a landlord concerning your housing
- Unless the complaint is related to a safety issue or the implementation of a municipal regulation, you must direct your complaint to the Tribunal administratif du logement.
Complaint against the actions or behaviour of a municipal employee
Please note that we can contact the management of the Service des ressources humaines to make sure a follow-up will take place with the employee in question; however, the result of this follow-up is considered confidential.
Complaint against the Société de transport de l’Outaouais (STO)
Complaint against an elected municipal officer
If you are not sure if the Ombudsman de Gatineau can intervene on your behalf, please contact us.